Saturday, November 10, 2018

Dear Margaret

Dear Margaret,

I wish I had gotten to know you better. We shared some intimate moments, but I was hoping one day to have a response or a reaction from what I said. I wish I had known you when you were younger and full of spirit. I wish I could have shown you the love you deserved.

I will always remember you as the frail, old woman who held my hand and put her head on my shoulder. The lady who tried to get out of her chair or bed, even though you didn't have the capacity. I wanted to tell you so many more stories and I wanted to hear more from you. I will hold dear the memory of you kissing my hands and head and me returning the favor.

I love you Margaret. I will miss you so. I've cried the past few days for you. Everyone tells me that you're happier, healthier, and in a better place. I know that; I'm crying for myself. For what I will never know about you, for the time that I wanted to spend with you, for the longing I will have, for missing you. I'm mourning what could have been.

I'll see you soon.


RIP Margaret C. who passed on November 9 in the early afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If only I had my papyrus

 Today we woke up on our cruise. We had landed at Kom Ombo! Breakfast was pastries, sausage, and tea. We left the cruise at 7am. Having neve...